About the future of energy
What is Limejump?
We get asked this all the time.
The answer is that Limejump is the leading Energy Tech company in the world.
However, there is nothing exactly the same as Limejump in the world today.
Limejump is changing the way the world transacts energy. By embracing technology, machine learning algorithms and human trading ability, we realise the unrealisable, to truly deliver renewable resources where demand requires electricity, in sub-second speed. Limejump’s Virtual Power Platform is an aggregation of flexible energy generation and storage assets of different sizes and technology types. Our goal is to deliver 100% renewable energy at all times to our customers through the direct real-time connectivity between renewable energy sources, storage flexibility such as batteries and demand response. We use our tools, data science and Artificial Intelligence (AI), to fight the impact of climate change, with the ultimate ambition of delivering a sustainable energy future. Limejump created history by being the first energy company to trade an aggregated unit and the first to trade batteries in the UK Balancing Mechanism market. We manage the largest portfolio of batteries in the United Kingdom. With an eye on completing the energy puzzle in the UK between supply and demand for renewables, Limejump is leading the way to a truly renewable future.
Learn a little more about us.
- We have become a wholly-owned, independent subsidiary of Shell
- Find out more about Shell New Energies
- Awards – Frost & Sullivan’s 2019 Enabling Technology Leadership Award | REA Energy Storage of the Year Award 2019 | Highly Commended at the BusinessGreen 2019 awards | YEP Sustainability Award of the Year | Shortlisted for the Smart Energy Award 2019 | Shortlisted for the Sustainable Cities Award 2019 | Shortlisted as listed as one of the Top 25 Green Companies in the UK by Talentpool | Solar & Storage – Woman of the Year | S&P Platts Global Energy Awards 2019 Shortlist | REGEN Green Energy Awards 2019 Shortlist | Shortlisted for the BusinessGreen Technology Awards 2019 | SME Most Innovative Energy Tech Company 2019
- We are the first Aggregated Unit admitted into the Balancing Mechanism Market
- Through team expansion and the addition of 2 new departments, we now number 50 employees
- We are now one of the largest managers of battery storage in the world
- Our teams now comprise of Data Scientists, a full Trading team, Commercial, Engineering and Projects teams, Technology, Financial, Customer Service, Marketing, Human Resource and Legal professionals
- Awards – S&P Global Platts Global Energy Rising Star Award / Bloomberg New Energy Finance Pioneer 2018 / WIRED Smarter Event – Energy Showcase Winner / Energy Live Personality of the Year Awards Finalist / BusinessGreen Awards Breakthrough of the Year / 2018 Global Cleantech 100 Ones to Watch / Solar Power Portal Energy Storage Finalist / Young Energy Professionals Awards Finalist
- Our market offering expanded as we participated in the Capacity Market auction alongside PPA and FR services
- We completed the buildout of our Virtual Power Plant as we began running real-time algorithms
- Awards– REA Smart Energy System 2017 / BusinessGreen Innovation of the Year 2017
- Funding– We secured a series A round of £6M
- We obtained our electricity supply licence
- We began PPA trading with our first PPA customer
- We delivered our first static FFR contract
- Award– Smart Grid Technology of the Year – BusinessGreen Technology Awards 2015
- Funding– we secured another £1.4M
- The business began building with the signing of our first customers
- Limejump’s team began expanding, hiring our first specialists bringing our team to 5
- As a burgeoning start-up, we shared an office space with a number of other incubated businesses
- Two Co-founders, Erik Nygard and Ning Zhang, began changing the Energy landscape
- The first development of our Limejump concept began
- Funding– Our first seed funding was secured
To revolutionize the energy industry by delivering sustainable solutions that maximize our customer’s value
By harnessing data and technology, we will shape the future of energy
Challenge, Innovate & Deliver Sustainability Together
We are a licensed supplier, trader and aggregator in the UK energy market, trading as Limejump Energy Ltd. We have built an entire system that can deliver the end-to-end needs of our customers putting them in control of their energy.
Limejump is a wholly owned independent subsidiary of Shell Energy.